Loyalist College is a community of learners where respectful living and learning is a cherished principle. The College uses operational policies and the Student Code of Conduct to inform its students of its expectations for acceptable student conduct in academic and non-academic matters. The primary purpose of the Loyalist College Student Code of Conduct is to be a guideline for appropriate non-academic behaviour across Loyalist College’s diversified community.
Student Code of Conduct Complaints
Loyalist College believes all members of the College community have the right to study or work in an environment that is safe, secure and supportive. The College expects students to be responsible for conducting themselves in a manner that respects the rights of employees, other students and College property.
Please provide as much detail as possible when completing the form below.
- This form is for complaints against students under the Loyalist College Student Code of Conduct
- Any member of the College community (student, staff, faculty) may bring a complaint under this Code against a student for non-academic misbehaviour.
- A complaint under this Code must be filed with the Vice-President, Student Life and Leadership, or Designate, within thirty (30) days of the alleged violation of the Code unless the Vice-President, Student Life and Leadership, or Designate, believes there are grounds for extending the deadline.
- If the complaint is determined to not fall within the scope of this Code but may fall within the scope of another College policy, the Complainant will be advised accordingly and instructed to consult the relevant policy(ies).
- If the complaint is determined to not fall within the scope of this Code, the complaint will not proceed.
- The Vice-President, Student Life and Leadership will normally provide the person/people named in the complaint with a summary of the complaint.
- It is a breach this Code to retaliate against someone who reports a complaint.
- It is a breach of this Code to make a false or unfounded complaint with malicious or frivolous intent.
- Anonymous complaints will not be processed.
- Use the fields in the form below to provide as much detail as possible about the complaint.
- Upon completion, submit the form. A copy will be sent to email@example.com.
- You will also receive a copy of your submission to the email you provided for your records.