1. How do I request a copy of my transcripts?
2. Can my transcripts be sent by email?
3. Is there a fee to get a copy of my transcripts?
4. How do I order a replacement credential (certificate or diploma)?
5. How do I print my T2202 and T4A for income taxes?
6. How do I add my Social Insurance Number to my account?
Official transcript requests are processed through Banner.
- If you are a current student or have attended classes within the last 3 years, you must access Banner through the myLoyalist* portal.
- If you attended classes more than 3 years ago, you can use this direct link to log into Banner: loyalistbanner.com. On this page, click ‘Enter Secure Area.’ Your Banner ID is your student number*, and your PIN* was initially your date of birth in the format YYMMDD.
- Note: if you were a student at Loyalist College prior to 2004, please view your unofficial transcript in Banner prior to requesting an official printed version (in Banner click ‘Student Services – ‘Student Records’ – ‘All Grades – View Unofficial Transcript – All Levels – Submit’). If your course(s) and/or credential(s) are not displayed, please email Enrolment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Student ID, the program and approximate year of courses and/or graduation. We will access our archives and review and/or update your academic records prior to processing an official transcript request on your behalf.
Once in Banner, click ‘Student Services – ‘Student Records’ – ‘Request Printed/Official Transcript.’
Follow the on-screen directions as you work through the request process.
*If you need assistance logging in please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com or by phone 613-969-1913, ext. 2420.
Official transcripts can be mailed or picked up in person. The College does not send transcripts by email.
There is no charge for official transcripts.
For graduates who require a replacement credential (certificate or diploma), due to loss or damage, the Enrolment Services Office offers a credential replacement service.
The cost of a replacement credential is $37.45. There is an additional surcharge of $25 for mailing the credential internationally.
To request a replacement credential, complete the Credential Request Form.
Student can access their T2202 via the Education Tax Receipts icon on the myLoyalist portal. Select the T2202 link from the Tax Information page.
Once selected, the following screen will appear:
Once you have selected the year, use the option to ‘View’ your receipt before printing to ensure that the information is accurate.
To print an official receipt, choose ‘Printable Form.’
Student can access their T4A via the Education Tax Receipts icon on the myLoyalist portal. Select the T4A link from the Tax Information page.
The following screen will appear:
Select the year, and then click on the T4A hyperlink.
Select ‘Printable Version’ to access your T4A.
If you no longer have access to the myLoyalist portal, you can access your Education Tax receipts through Banner. Select the ‘Enter Secure Area’ link from loyalistbanner.com and follow the steps outlined below.
Enter your User ID (student number) and PIN. The first time you access Banner, your PIN is your birth date in the format YYMMDD. For example, if your birthday is October 20, 1985, your PIN would be 851020. Also, the first time you access Banner, you will be prompted to change your PIN and enter a security question and answer.
If you require your access information, or experience technical difficulties, please contact the Service Desk at 613-969-1913, ext 2420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the ‘Student Services’ link.
Select the ‘Accounts Receivable’ link.
Select the ‘Canadian Tax Forms’ link.
Select the ‘T2202A Tax Credit Form’ link.
Your T2202 and T4A tax forms are available from this menu.
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a message on the Education Tax hotline, listed below. Messages are checked daily, Monday through Friday.
Education Tax Hotline
613-969-1913, ext. 2187
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires post-secondary institutions to include each student’s Social Insurance Number (SIN) on the T2202 (Tuition and Education Certificate) and T4A (Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income). Failure to provide a SIN to any organization that is required to complete an information slip (T2202/T4A) may result in a $100 penalty from the government. More information can be found under “Failure to provide an identification number” on the Government of Canada’s website.
Loyalist College has created a secure Tax Information page on the myLoyalist portal where students can provide their SIN and access their tax details. To navigate to the page, log in to the myLoyalist portal and select the ‘Education Tax Forms’ icon.
If your SIN is not on file, you will be prompted to provide this information. This page also provides links to your Education Tax Forms (T2202 and T4A).
If you have questions about this process, please contact Accounts Receivable at 613-969-1913, ext. 2422 or 2223, or email email@example.com.
If you experience technical issues, please contact the Service Desk at 613-969-1913, ext. 2420, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.