Student Forms

Here’s a list of frequently used student forms:

  • Academic Appeal:
    Academic Appeal Form
    College faculty and staff are strongly committed to resolving student concerns at the informal level. However, in the event that it is not possible to resolve the concern through the informal process, students may choose to pursue a formal Academic Appeal.

  • AccessAbility Services:
    AccessAbility Services Application
    The AccessAbility Services team is committed to providing academic supports to students with documented disabilities. Services are free, voluntary and confidential.

  • Completion Letter:
    Completion letters will be automatically emailed to Spring 2023 graduating students by end of day, Wednesday, September 20 as long as all final grades have been received and processed. If you have missing grades at this point your completion letter will be generated and sent at a later date when your diploma or certificate has been generated. Letters will be emailed to your Loyalist College email account. Please note that your Loyalist College email account remains active for 3 years after your final semester. Please ensure to check it periodically for updates regarding convocation ceremonies and other relevant information. If your online unofficial transcript in Banner shows that your credential has been awarded, you can be sure that your official printed transcript will be complete. Please do not request transcripts before September 20 if your unofficial transcript does not show your awarded credential.

  • Convocation Letter:
    This letter can be used to show the planned convocation dates when required for work or inviting relatives to visit from outside of Canada. Convocation invitation letters will be automatically emailed to the 2024 graduating class in February 2024. Letters will be sent to your Loyalist College email account.  Please note that your Loyalist College email account remains active for 3 years after your final semester. Please ensure to check it periodically for updates regarding convocation ceremonies and other relevant information.


  • Course Add/Drop: Please contact to make an appointment with a Student Advisor.
  • General Education (GNED) Fall 2023 Registration:
    Fall 2023 note: if you are in semester 2 or above of your diploma program (or certificate program that leads into a diploma) you may be required to self-register for a GNED course this semester. Check your program map here.  If your program map indicates you need a GNED course this semester you must use the Gen Ed Course Selection app in myLoyalist to register. If you need to take an off cycle GNED you must complete the Off-Cycle General Education Registration form found in the Student Information Repository under Student Forms. Please note: for all diploma and feeder certificate programs starting in Fall 2023, there’s a prescribed GNED course in either semester 1 (fall) or 2 (winter). Self-registration is not required for this course as it’s been included with your program’s core registration block. 
  • Loyalist College Immunization Record:
    Immunization Form
    Please complete this form if your program requires an up-to-date immunization record. This information can be obtained from your public health unit and/or your family physician. Send the completed form to the Loyalist College Student Health Centre prior to the start of the semester.

  • Official Break – For Employment Letter:
    • Loyalist College cannot provide student specific official break letters. We have created a summary of the academic calendar which outlines the standard dates of our study terms and break terms based on start date and length of the program. 
    • International Students are also encouraged to provide employers with a copy of their Letter of Acceptance (LOA) indicating the start/end dates of the academic program and their most recent verification of enrolment letter. They should also provide a copy of their Study Permit which outlines the conditions of their employment. To review the eligibility requirements for working in Canada, employers can also refer to this page on the Government of Canada’s website.
  • Ontario Learn Course Equivalent:
    Loyalist College – Ontario Learn Course Equivalent Form
    This form is used by faculty to give permissions to take Ontario Learn courses in place of in-class courses. It requires your coordinator’s signature.

  • PLAR:
    PLAR Application Form
    Use this form to apply for Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition. Be sure to follow all of the instructions on the form before submitting.

  • Transfer Credits or Exemptions:
    Transfer Credit or Exemption Application Form
    Use this form to apply for Transfer Credits or Exemptions. Be sure to follow all of the instructions on the form before submitting.

  • Preferred First Name:
    Preferred First Name Request Form
    Please complete this form to request (or change) the use of a first name other than your legal name for your College active directory account. This updates your screen name, username and email address. Preferred name also appears in Canvas (our Learning Management System). Students who’ve specified a preferred name via their domestic college application at will automatically have their active directory created using their preferred first name.

  • Program Change:
    Program Change Request Form (International Students)
    Please complete this form to request a program change. This form is only to be used by international students. Domestic students wishing to change programs should speak with their Enrolment Services Officer (located in Room 2H1).

  • Release of Information:
    Authorization for Release of Student Information Form
    Complete this form to provide Loyalist with permission to release information to a third party (e.g. parent, guardian or spouse).

  • Verification of Enrolment: 
    *NEW: Verification of Enrolment letters can be found in your myLoyalist portal on the myApps view. Letters are available for eligible postsecondary students in a declared program for the past 2 years. If you have had an approved leave or other gap in your education, or if you had to repeat courses, please review your letter carefully for accuracy. Contact if you believe there’s an error on your letter. 

  • Study Permit Extension Letter:
    • If you are required to extend your Study Permit due to beginning a new program, you may use your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) for the new program. There is no additional letter to provide.
    • If you are required to extend your Study Permit due to course failures and will be extending your studies – please see the International representative in 2H1 for this request. A $25 fee will apply.
  • Leave of Studies – Approved:

    • Students who may be required to request a leave from their studies while in Canada, may request a letter from the International Manager: Only approved leaves will be provided a letter and any leave must meet IRCC regulations and students must provide requested evidence.

  • Withdrawal:
    Domestic students: Please contact Equitable Learning to request a withdrawal from your Program. Equitable Learning can be reached at
    *International students MUST contact the International Centre to request a withdrawal. The International Centre can be reached at

Please note: Students requiring a letter not listed above will need to submit a request via email to The request will be reviewed for validity and, if granted, students will pay a $25 fee.