Here’s a list of frequently used student forms:
- Academic Appeal:
Academic Appeal Form
College faculty and staff are strongly committed to resolving student concerns at the informal level. However, in the event that it is not possible to resolve the concern through the informal process, students may choose to pursue a formal Academic Appeal.
- AccessAbility Services:
AccessAbility Services Application
The AccessAbility Services team is committed to providing academic supports to students with documented disabilities. Services are free, voluntary and confidential.
- Completion Letter:
Completion letters will be automatically emailed to Fall 2022 graduating students by end of day, Tuesday, January 24 if all final grades have been received and processed. If you have missing grades at this point your completion letter will be generated and sent at a later date when your diploma or certificate has been generated. Letters will be emailed to your Loyalist College email account. Please note that your Loyalist College email account remains active for 3 years after your final semester. Please ensure to check it periodically for updates regarding convocation ceremonies and other relevant information.
- Convocation Letter:
This letter can be used to show the convocation dates when required for work or inviting relatives. Convocation invitation letters will be automatically emailed to the 2023 graduating class by February 7, 2023. Please see the Academic Calendar for planned convocation dates in June 2023. Letters will be sent to your Loyalist College email account. Please note that your Loyalist College email account remains active for 3 years after your final semester. Please ensure to check it periodically for updates regarding convocation ceremonies and other relevant information.
- Course Add/Drop: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with a Student Success Mentor.
- General Education Winter 2023 Registration Form:
- If you require an off-cycle GNED or more than one GNED course in this semester, please use the Registration Form. If your GNED course is part of your semester under the program map, please register through the myLoyalist Portal. Registration will close on January 23rd.
- Loyalist College Immunization Record:
Please complete this form if your program requires an up-to-date immunization record. This information can be obtained from your public health unit and/or your family physician. Send the completed form to the Loyalist College Student Health Centre prior to the start of the semester.
- Official Break – For Employment Letter:
- Loyalist College cannot provide student specific official break letters. We have created a summary of the academic calendar which outlines the standard dates of our study terms and break terms based on start date and length of the program.
- International Students are also encouraged to provide employers with a copy of their Letter of Acceptance (LOA) indicating the start/end dates of the academic program and their most recent verification of enrolment letter. They should also provide a copy of their Study Permit which outlines the conditions of their employment. To review the eligibility requirements for working in Canada, employers can also refer to this page on the Government of Canada’s website.
- Ontario Learn Course Equivalent:
Loyalist College – Ontario Learn Course Equivalent Form
This form is used by faculty to give permissions to take Ontario Learn courses in place of in-class courses. It requires your coordinator’s signature.
PLAR Application Form
Use this form to apply for Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition. Be sure to follow all of the instructions on the form before submitting.
- Transfer Credits or Exemptions:
Transfer Credit or Exemption Application Form
Use this form to apply for Transfer Credits or Exemptions. Be sure to follow all of the instructions on the form before submitting.
- Preferred First Name:
Preferred First Name Request Form
Please complete this form to request (or change) the use of a first name other than your legal name for your College active directory account. This updates your screen name, username and email address. Preferred name also appears in Canvas (our Learning Management System). Students who’ve applied to Loyalist College via the domestic ontariocolleges.ca website since October 3, 2020, will already have a Preferred Name in use to create the active directory account.
- Program Change:
Program Change Request Form (International Students)
Please complete this form to request a program change. This form is only to be used by international students. Domestic students wishing to change programs should speak with their Enrolment Services Officer (located in Room 2H1).
- Release of Information:
Authorization for Release of Student Information Form
Complete this form to provide Loyalist with permission to release information to a third party (e.g. parent, guardian or spouse).
- Verification of Enrolment:
*NEW: Verification of Enrolment letters can be found in your myLoyalist portal. Letters are available for eligible postsecondary students in a declared program for the past 2 years. Note: Enrolment letters are no longer provided for purpose of travel – please review Travel to Canada for details to travel and enter Canada.
- Study Permit Extension Letter:
- If you are required to extend your Study Permit as you will be beginning a new program – you may use your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) for the new program. There is no additional letter to provide.
- If you are required to extend your Study Permit due to course failures and will be extending your studies – please see the International Manager in person for this request. A $25 fee will apply.
Leave of Studies – Approved:
Students who may be required to request a leave from their studies while in Canada, may request a letter from the International Manager: email@example.com. Only approved leaves will be provided a letter and any leave must meet IRCC regulations and students must provide requested evidence.
Please contact Student Success to request a withdrawal from your Program. Student Success services can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*International students MUST contact the International Centre to request a withdrawal. The International Centre can be reached at email@example.com.
Please note: Students requiring a letter not listed above will need to submit a request via email. The request will be reviewed for validity and, if granted, students will pay a $25 fee.