The Fall 2022 refund submission deadline was September 20, 2022.
The Winter 2023 refund submission deadline was January 23, 2023.
All programs will be delivered fully in-person and will require students to be present in Canada for the semester. A visa approval would be required for registration and presence in Canada.
May 8, 2023 Orientation
May 9, 2023 First day of classes
May 23, 2023 Registration deadline
The registration and refund deadline is May 23, 2023 at 12 pm EST.
Students who have been admitted to Loyalist College and received a Study Visa are expected to register and attend classes in the program to which they were admitted and complete the semester for which they have paid tuition. As per Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) regulations international students are required to be actively pursuing their studies upon arrival: Study Permit Conditions
There is a no transfer policy from the Belleville to Toronto campus.
Loyalist College withdrawal and refund policy complies with the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) directives and IRCC regulations. All applicants and students who have paid for, accepted an offer and/or registered are subject to this policy. Loyalist College completes reporting twice per year to Canada Immigration on student registration. Information regarding student withdraws are included in this report.
- Non-attendance is not considered a withdrawal. You will remain registered unless you initiate the refund process as per the Loyalist College policy.
- Students are responsible for notifying Canada Immigration of any DLI change through MyCIC.
- Refunds are only provided for the current (active) semester and cannot be applied to a completed semester.
- Fees must be refunded to the home country and cannot be refunded to other post-secondary institutions or directly to the student.
- Students whose enrolment is terminated by the College for any reason will not be entitled to any refund of any tuition, fees and charges.
- Full funds are not returned as refund requests are reviewed and applicable administration fees outlined below are applied for a partial refund of fees only.
- Before funds are returned, refund requests are reviewed for accuracy by staff in International, Admissions and Accounting departments. Once fees are released, a refund is considered final and will not be adjusted as the application is closed.
All refunds must be initiated by Day 10 of the semester (if the application is under pre-registered status) as indicated on the Academic Calendar. A complete refund request must be received by 12 EST. If you submit an incomplete package or miss the deadline for withdrawal (date and time), you are NOT eligible to receive a refund.
Withdrawal/Refund Administration Fees
If a complete refund request is submitted on or before the deadline date at 12 pm EST, a partial refund will be initiated as per the following:
|SITUATION||DETAILS/DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED||APPLICABLE ADMINISTRATIVE FEES (CAD)|
|Denied Study Permit||Valid visa denial letter must be provided within 30 days of IRCC issuing your refusal notification.||$250|
|Unable to Attend||
Refers to any reason other than a visa denial such as: return to home country, medical, financial, personal, or family reasons including family medical issues etc.
A written letter of explanation is required from the student outlining the reason they are unable to attend.
Students returning home must be completed in person at the applicable Loyalist College campus and must include proof of flight ticket home.
|Study Permit Processing Delay||
If a student has not received a study permit approval, they are encouraged to request a deferral to the next available intake as they wait for the visa decision.
Refund requests would be considered ‘unable to attend’ and admission fees would apply. If the refund is processed and file is closed, then the visa denial letter arrives, the refund cannot be changed.
|Transfer – Semester One or Transfer between Day 1 – 10||
$2,600 + health insurance
(see details below)
Non-Returning Student (semester 2- 6)
Before Day 1
(prior to the start of classes)
|Health Insurance||Students who officially register and withdrawal between day one and ten of the semester as indicated on the Academic Calendar, will not be refunded the health insurance fee. An additional $600 fee will be added to the fees listed above. The fee does not apply for students who are not registered.|
Material fees for program material kits already received by the student may not be refundable is some cases.
Loyalist College has partnered with other Ontario colleges to not approve transfer requests for semester one. Contact the International Centre at your campus regarding partner colleges. Semester one transfer requests for a partner school will be denied. For the student to remain compliant with the Canadian High Commission guidelines for applicants, it is strongly recommended that all students complete a minimum of one semester at the college for which the Study Permit was issued. For more details, please review: Changing your school or program
There is a no transfer policy from the Belleville to Toronto campus.
Students are responsible for notifying Canada Immigration of any DLI change through MyCIC.
How To Submit A Complete Refund Request
A complete refund request is required to is made on or before the deadline date at 12 pm EST for a partial refund to be provided. If you miss the deadline for withdrawal, you are NOT eligible to receive a refund.
|Semester One Refunds||
Students Outside Canada:
Students Inside Canada:
International Refund Checklist
International Refund Application
After a complete refund package is submitted, funds can take 4 – 6 weeks to arrive on account from the approval processing date. Funds may take longer depending on the activity at the College or depending on the country to which funds are returned.
Withdrawal/Refund Important Information
- Refunds must be initiated by Day 10 by 12 pm EST of the semester as indicated on Loyalist College’s Academic Calendar.
- It is the responsibility of the student to follow all instructions to submit a complete application package by the semester refund deadline.
- If you miss this deadline for withdrawal, you are NOT eligible to receive a refund.
- It is Loyalist College policy that all refunds MUST be returned to their country of origin via Flywire. Funds cannot be refunded to Canadian accounts/other post-secondary institutions/student living in Canada.
- After receiving a complete and accurate Refund Application, refunds take approximately 4 – 6 weeks at the College from date of processing for funds to arrive as requested. Funds may take longer depending on the activity at the College or dependent on the country funds are returned to. Providing incorrect information on a refund application will delay refund of fees.
- Providing incorrect information on a refund application may result in additional bank charges that will be deducted from the refund in addition to outlined fees.
- Any outstanding balances owing on your account will also be deducted from your refund.
- Notification is not provided when the refund process has been completed at the College. Students can check with their bank in their home country regarding receipt of funds.
- Be advised of the following foreign bank conditions:
|India, Pakistan and some other countries in Asia and Africa||
After processing at the College, the payment can be delayed significantly due to interbank settlement within destination country and/or currency exchange.
|Brazil and Argentina||
Beneficiary is required to sign for receipt of funds at their bank. If funds are not signed for in due time, the beneficiary bank may return the funds without further notification.
Request remitter to ensure beneficiary is checking their account for credit less bank commissions, fees and converted amounts where foreign exchange is involved, or where currency of wire differs from currency of destination country.
Belleville Campus: email@example.com
Toronto Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective: February 9th, 2023