The Academic Centre for Testing (ACT) is available for students who need to write a missed test or for students who require testing accommodations.
If you need to write a missed test
- Arrange a date/time with your professor. Your professor will forward a Test Request Form and the exam to ACT outlining test requirements.
- Contact ACT to reserve seating at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide a minimum of two (2) business days’ notice to ensure space is available
FEES: There is a $20 fee (HST included) for writing missed tests. This fee is payable by cash, debit or credit card on the day of your test. Proof of payment is required when arriving to write.
If you require testing accommodations
- Contact Equitable Learning to meet with AccessAbility at 613-969-1913, ext. 2519 or email@example.com
- AccessAbility will advise ACT and your professor of your eligibility for testing accommodations
- Arrive in ACT at the same time your class is scheduled to write the test/exam
- You may begin earlier if you have extended time, but you will need to remain in ACT until your class has started.
- An alternative test day/time will only be arranged if your extended time creates a course conflict. This will need to be approved by your instructor.
- Items such as calculators, textbooks, notes, computers, and memory aids are not allowed unless stated by your professor or AccessAbility on the Test Request Form.
- Personal items are not permitted in the testing room. All electronics (including phones, Fitbit/smartwatches, etc.), coats and bags will be placed in a defined area identified by the invigilator. Lockers with keys are available for use while writting. There is no charge to use the lockers.
Food & Drinks
- No food or refreshments are allowed in the testing centre.
- All seating is at the proctor’s discretion.
- An incident report will be completed and reported to senior management if you are using unauthorized technology, communicating with other people, or using unauthorized material. Consequences will be in accordance with policy AOP 216 and AOP 209.
Hours of Operation
Hours (September – April)
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 4 pm
Summer Hours (May – August)
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 3:30 pm
Phone: 613-969-1913, ext. 2549 – Please note the phone is not answered when exams are in progress.