If you are taking Loyalist courses online or if you are a distance student registered with another school/institution, you can write your tests in the ACT.
- All tests must be booked five (5) business days prior to writing. Please check with your school as to the amount of time they require for notice. The ACT does not have access to information regarding when you need to write your test or your test marks. You must contact your home institution for this information.
- You must notify your school/institution of your scheduled test date and request for the test to be sent to ACT (this does not apply to students writing OntarioLearn tests).
- Please note: You will be required to pay a $60 testing fee (HST included) ahead of time and provide proof when you arrive to write. You will also need to provide a piece of government-issued photo ID.
When can I write my test?
During the months of September through April, you can start your test at the following times:
|Day of the Week||Time|
|Monday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
* These start times may change during December and April due to high volume.
How do I book my test?
Please email ACT (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the following information in your email:
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number
- Course code and course name
- Name of the school/institution you are registered with (i.e. OntarioLearn, Athabasca, etc.)
- Preferred testing date and time
Are there any fees associated with writing my test?
There is a $60 testing fee (HST included) that can be paid by cash/debit/credit card prior to starting your test.
Methods of payment will be provided when your booking is confirmed. If you are an OntarioLearn student registered with Loyalist College or your host school/institution has requested they be invoiced the costs, the $60 testing fee will not apply.
Note: If booking a test fewer than five business days before the desired test-writing date, the fee is $75 (HST included).
Please stop at the guard house at the main Kente building entrance to obtain a parking pass.
Directions to ACT
When you enter the front doors of the Kente Building, stop at the Information Desk to ask for directions to ACT.
- Items such as calculators, textbooks, notes, computers, and memory aids are not allowed unless otherwise stated by your institution.
- Personal items are not permitted in the testing room. All electronics (including phones, Fitbit/Smart Watches, etc.), coats and bags will be placed in a defined area identified by the invigilator. Lockers with keys are available for use while writing. There is no charge to use the lockers.
Food & Drinks
- Food and drinks are currently not allowed in the ACT.
- All seating is at the proctor’s discretion.
- An incident report will be completed and reported to your institution if you are using unauthorized technology, communicating with other people, or using unauthorized material.
- The ACT is not responsible for lost, missing, or misplaced items of any kind. Lockers with locks are available for use at no charge while you write your test.
Phone: 613-969-1913, ext. 2549
Academic Centre for Testing (Loyalist College)
376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Road
Box 4200, Belleville, ON
Hours (September – April)
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 4 pm
Summer Hours (May – August)
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 3:30 pm