Esthetics and Spa Management
Available as a two-year program
Spas and salons are increasingly popular destinations for people wanting to reduce stress and feel younger. Train in a full range of spa services to help people look and feel their best. Then, put those skills to work, both in our on-campus, student-run day spa and during two field placements.
Two-year Ontario College Diploma
- Start Date
September and January entry
Find your career
Estheticians and spa therapists are creative, caring and innovative professionals who help people look and feel their personal best. Our program prepares you with the skills to:
- Travel and work locally or throughout Canada in hotel spas, day spas, wellness centres, medical spas and luxury resorts. Work as a freelance make-up artist or mobile spa operator.
- Find opportunities as a skin therapist, nail technician, spa therapist, spa manager and owner or sales representative.
Our grads get great jobs
- Spa Therapist, Ste. Anne's Spa
- Esthetician, Beauty Works Day Spa
- Assistant Manager, Polish Salon and Spa
- Owner and Nail Technician, Dazzling Nails
- Esthetician, Salon You & Day Spa
- Spa Therapist, NuLife Skin and Spa
- Make-up Artist, Studio 237
- Spa Supervisor and Assistant Spa Manager, The Royal Hotel
- Spa Therapist, Bloomfield Beauty Co.
Is it for you?
People who enjoy a career in esthetics and spa management are:
- Caring and empathetic
- Able to manage several tasks at once
- Skilled at time management
- Comfortable mixing with people from all walks of life
What employers say
“The placement students and employees we have at the Day Spa from Loyalist are very well trained. It’s a good program and the graduates are wonderful.”
Proprietor, Salon You
“Loyalist’s Esthetics program has high standards and teaches students the skills they need for success. Their students excel in everything from business to hands-on practical treatments, and their grads are highly sought after in the industry.”
Owner, Beauty Works Day & Medi Spa
In this hands-on program, students operate the Unwind spa at Loyalist, a busy wellness retreat and retail boutique delivering full esthetic services in a supervised environment:
- Train in a full range of spa services in a safe learning environment, including manicures, pedicures, facials, hair removal, make-up artistry, aromatherapy and hot stone massage.
- Get the highest technical skills in Loyalist’s lab using the latest in skincare technology, including microdermabrasion and facial machinery.
- Work with new state-of-the-art medical spa equipment, including the Sonicator 740, an anti-aging skincare system that applies ultrasound technology, and the IPL Angelite, an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) machine used for photo facials and permanent hair reduction.
- Deliver high-end customer service as you interact with clients.
- Develop important skills in front desk management and the latest point-of-sale software.
- Learn the business side of spa management with instruction in visual display, retail sales, marketing, personal finance, business communications and entrepreneurship.
- Create a business plan including a spa design layout and creative spa menu showcasing a variety of skills learned in the program.
- Earn 180 hours of clinic time in our state-of-the-art, full-service spa.
- Network and showcase your skills to industry, with two field placements.
- Learn from reputed guest-speaker educators.
- Participate in community outreach events to support local women and children.
- Be proficient and fast with skills by practicing skills throughout the two years.
Outstanding faculty make the difference
- Faculty bring extensive spa experience, industry connections and passion to the spa lab.
- Learn from experts in aromatherapy, microdermabrasion and traditional Eastern diagnosis techniques, with experience at the prestigious White Oaks Resort and Spa in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Before designing this program, the coordinator owned and operated a full-service day spa catering to high-end clientele ranging from the Australian Ballet to beauty editors at top fashion magazines.
Work-integrated learning through guest speakers
Sabrina Goulet, NAOS (Bioderma, Institut Esthederm and Etat Pur)
Esthetics and Spa Management graduate Sabrina Goulet, NAOS Regional Educator for the English territories, recently appeared as a guest speaker at the Virtual Spring ESI Trade Show. An event Loyalist College Esthetics & Spa Management students attend.
Chrissie Paraschos, RefectoCil Training
Photo courtsey of Chrissie Paraschos.
Institute Esthederm – Paris, France