To protect the health and safety of our community, Loyalist College requires that individuals be fully vaccinated in accordance with COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada as a condition for any in-person activities on College premises, including living, working, studying, or attending student Residence. No visitors are permitted on campus at this time and proof of vaccination is required.
In addition to being fully vaccinated, you must be fully masked and wear a three-ply ASTM surgical mask at minimum, for maximum protection against airborne transmission. Cloth masks are not acceptable at this time. Appropriate masks will be supplied by the College and available on campus.
Loyalist College has taken the additional preventative safety measures, including:
- Providing complimentary surgical face masks to those on campus and requiring face masks to be worn
- Increasing the number of hand sanitizer stations located throughout campus and disinfectant wipes in classrooms and labs
- Posting handwashing guidelines in washrooms
- Stocking PPE and critical cleaning products such as wipes, replacement hand sanitizer solution, masks, and soap
- Redesigning our Student Success services to offer in-person services in addition to offering online options to easily connect students with mentors, resources, and informational sessions
- Offering student residents single occupancy rooms only within units of students in the same programs, where possible
- Providing COVID-19 testing and immunization at the Health Centre on campus to support students and employees
- Establishing quarantine facilities to provide student accommodations in the event a student tests positive for COVID-19
- Ensuring that any students who arrive from outside the country follow the outlined processes on our Travel to Canada web page based on their vaccination status
The health and safety of our College community, including our industry partners, is a top priority and we will continue to go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment and care.