Computer Systems Technician
Available as a two-year program
Two-year Ontario College Diploma
- Start Date
September and January entry
Port Hope campus
Find your career
IT plays an integral role in almost any business. Prepare for a career as a:
- Computer Systems Technician
- Data Centre Operator
- Intranet Website Technician
- LAN Administrator
- LAN Technician
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- System Administrator
Is it for you?
This may be a great career path if you are:
- Analytical and have a keen attention to detail.
- Familiar with and enjoy fundamental mathematics (BEDMAS, factions, exponents, algebra).
- Proficient problem-solving ability.
- A creative and logical thinker.
- Interested in staying abreast of the newest technology.
- A strong communicator who can effectively liaise with others to identify and systematically solve problems.
How You'll Learn
Prepare for a career in computer, technology and network management in various business environments:
- Learn to develop, operate, maintain and coordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment.
- Install, configure and service microcomputer operating systems and network application software, and get an introduction to Linux and Cloud computing.
- Explore web design and learn about installing, managing and maintaining web servers/sites for optimum performance.
- Delve into machine connectivity, virtualization architecture and computer network design to implement cross-platform networks.
- Gain an understanding of the technical support and helpdesk skills necessary for providing user support.
The AccessAbility Services team is committed to providing academic supports to students with documented disabilities. Services are free, voluntary and confidential. Given that each student’s needs are unique, services and accommodations in the academic setting are arranged on an individual basis and based on the student’s supporting documentation. Click here for a list of some of the services provided by AccessAbility Services. To register with AccessAbility Services, please complete the AccessAbility Services Application.