Available as a two-year program
Note: This is a non-funded program and is therefore not OSAP eligible.
Two-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Start Date
Find your career
Cybersecurity professionals are in high demand and find careers working in a range of sectors, including computer systems design, financial institutions, public administration and government departments. The Centre for Strategic and International Studies estimates that by 2022 at least 1.8 unfilled cybersecurity positions will exist worldwide. IBM findings reveal cybersecurity job postings have grown by 94 percent over the past six years and according to Deloitte International Canada will need to fill 8,000 cybersecurity jobs over the next few years.
Graduates of this program will develop essential skills in the following areas:
- Network management
- Operating systems
- Cyber forensics
- Cloud security
- Penetration testing
- Wireless and mobile security
- Incident response techniques
How You'll Learn
Experiential Learning, including a semester-long co-op experience
With this hands-on program, gain the knowledge and skills needed to protect and support organizations’ cyber security needs:
- Learn how to develop, implement and evaluate cyber security solutions to protect organizations from internal and external threats.
- Practise assessing defensive programming and cyber security strategies, and gain experience recommending security controls for the effective maintenance and deployment of cyber security solutions to protect systems and information.
- Acquire skills for designing and implementing cyber security polices and strategies using project management principles.
- Develop strategies for optimizing the effectiveness of the information security in a business environment through risk mitigation and information systems auditing.
- Explore designing and implementing vulnerability assessment procedures to identify and solve existing network security issues.
- Get first-hand workplace experience during a co-op in semester four.
While completing this program, students will have the opportunity to acquire in-demand industry certifications concurrently with their studies.