I am an RPN. Can I apply?
I am a Pre-Health student. Can I apply?
I have a Practical Nursing diploma. Can I apply?
What are the admissions requirements?
Can my real life experience be counted toward the admission requirements?
I have less than 75% in the required courses. Is there anything I can do?
What are the class sizes?
Where do I send my transcripts?
Is any transportation provided to the clinical areas?
Is there a way to complete to program the BScN in less than 4 years?
How do I find out if I will receive transfer credits for my previous university courses?
Is CPR certification required prior to starting the BScN program?
What are the non-academic requirements?
- Yes. Loyalist College is offering a bridge semester for registered practical nurses to support their advanced standing into the Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Upon successful completion of the six courses in the bridge semester curriculum, students will be eligble for entry into Semester 5 of Loyalist’s Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Click here for details.
RPNs who apply must:
- Be a graduate of an Ontario College Practical Nursing diploma program in the last 7 years with a minimum of 75% in all courses
- Have registration in good standing without history of disciplinary action with the College of Nurses Ontario
- Have worked for a minimum of two years full-time post-graduation as a PN.
- Yes. Loyalist College Pre-Health Science advanced diploma and degree stream graduates or with an equivalent Pre-Health advanced diploma and degree stream certificate from another college and who have achieved an overall average of 75% or higher, and a minimum grade of 70% in all courses will be eligible for admission consideration.
- Yes. Applicants who have successfully completed an Ontario College Practical Nursing diploma program with a minimum overall average of 75% and a minimum grade of 70% in each course will be eligible for admission consideration.
For direct-entry applicants:
- Hold an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Have successfully completed the following prerequisites: a minimum of six university (U) and/or university/college (M) preparation level courses in Grade 12 including:
- 75% or higher in Grade 12 English (ENG4U or equivalent)
- 75% or higher in Grade 12 Mathematics (MDM4Y, MCB4U, MCV4U or MHF4U)
- 75% or higher inGrade 12 Chemistry (SCH4U or equivalent)
- 75% or higher in Grade 12 Biology (SBI4U or equivalent)
- Two electives from the postsecondary admissions for universities approved list
Minimum Grades and Averages:
- Minimum of 75 percent in each of the four core courses
- Minimum 60 percent in each elective
- All six courses must meet a minimum overall average of 75 percent
Graduates of an Ontario College Practical Nursing diploma program who hold a registration in good standing without a history of disciplinary action with the College of Nurses of Ontario may be eligible for advanced standing if they have graduated from an Ontario college within the past seven years and have worked for a minimum of two years full time post-graduation as a PN.
- Graduate of an Ontario College Practical Nursing diploma program in the last 7 years with a minimum of 75% in all courses
- Hold a registration in good standing without history of disciplinary action with the College of Nurses Ontario
- Worked for a minimum of two years full-time post-graduation as a PN.
- No, only the required education and employment qualifications are valid for the admission requirements.
- OntarioLearn offers a wide range of information and resources to help students succeed through their academic journey.
- Loyalist College offers the Career & College Prep program to assist you in achieving your postsecondary goals.
Loyalist College offers small lab class sizes of between 13 – 26 students.
Theory class sizes will reflect the size of your cohort.
- Send your transcripts to our Admissions Office at email@example.com.
- Securing transportation will be the responsibility of the student.
- The program typically takes a minimum of 4 years.
- If you have approved transfer credits, your course-load per semester may be lighter but the length of time is likely to remain 4 years.
- RPNs who have completed the bridge semester are eligible to enter into Semester 5 of the degree program.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with university transfer credits.
- Yes, Standard First Aid and CPR HCP certification must be valid for the duration of the program.
- An up-to-date immunization against certain communicable diseases is required as part of the registration process.
- Standard First Aid and CPR HCP certification must be valid for the duration of the program.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.