Natural Product Technologies
One-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Find your career
Graduates are prepared to work in a range of roles in the evolving natural product sector including, but not limited to, the following:
- Natural product quality assurance manager
- Lead processing technician
- Formulation chemist
Is it for you?
You may be well suited for a career in the natural product industry if you:
- Are flexible and adaptable to change
- Possess strong math and science skills
- Seek out creative and innovative solutions to problems
- Are inquisitive and resourceful
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team and exploring new technologies
This hands-on program is delivered in collaboration with Loyalist’s Applied Research Centre for Natural Products and Medical Cannabis (ARC), Canada’s only College laboratory approved to conduct research with cannabis under the Narcotic Control Regulations, as listed on the Government of Canada’s website.
Develop the in-demand skills needed for success in the natural product industry through unparalleled training experiences:
- Study in a Health Canada licensed facility on advanced extraction technologies with an array of state-of-the art analytical instrumentation. A focus on green technologies, such as supercritical CO2 extraction, aligns with industry’s transition away from the use of petrochemical solvents.
- Learn how to apply a range of lab techniques for extraction and analysis to increase the quality, consistency and safety of natural products.
- Understand relevant legislations, regulations and guidelines pertaining to the natural product industry, and explore appropriate security and safety protocols.
- Apply your knowledge to real-world challenges through work-integrated learning (WIL) with Licensed Producers.