We have a total of five residences situated on campus in a wooded country setting, just minutes from downtown Belleville. Our Apartment-Style Residences have accommodations for 476 students.
Each Residence is set up apartment-style with six individual bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a common living area. Single occupancy bedrooms contain a twin captain’s bed, study desk and chair, desk lamp, dresser, night table, bookshelf and a corkboard.
Common kitchen and dining areas are equipped with a fridge, stove, microwave, dishwashers, dining tables, and chairs, one love seat, and a coffee table.
Residence Fees (2022/23)
Apartment Style Residence:
Fall 2022-Winter 2023: 8-month contract
|Winter 2023: 4-month contract||$1700||FULL|
|Winter 2023-Spring 2023: 8-month contract||$3400||FULL|
|Spring 2023: 4-month contract||$1700||OPEN|
Spring 2023 Applications are not yet available.
Fall 2023 Applications and fees are not yet available.
Wireless internet is available throughout the Apartment-Style Residence free of charge.
Cable TV and computer internet services can be arranged through the local cable company or internet service provider (internet service only) if the wireless internet does not meet the needs of the student. Barrier-free apartments are available for students with physical disabilities, who require accessibility. Residence is happy to provide all non-smoking buildings to help support an active and healthy lifestyle.
Residences are equipped with laundry facilities (card system), a partially fenced-in sports pad with basketball hoops, bicycle sheds, picnic tables and a sheltered outdoor patio, beach volleyball court and outdoor barbecues. We also have enthusiastic Residence Assistants to promote student interaction and create a positive living environment while you are in Residence.
A centrally located Residence Commons building has additional study rooms, coffee shop, lounge area with a limestone fireplace, big screen TV and laundry facilities for student use. The Residence Commons provides an informal and security-protected common area for students to hang out, grab a coffee, watch a movie or a game on the big screen TV, study, or catch a peer’s performance in one of the featured open mic nights.
Loyalist College Residence Staff aim to provide an enriching experience through a curricular approach to programming. We are committed to delivering an outstanding learning experience that will help mold the person you will become when you leave here. To do this, we will focus on four learning goals with specific outcomes that will complement your educational experience. We consider the uniqueness of every individual and provide opportunities for self-realization, self-authorship, development and growth, all packaged into fun, engaging and exciting programs. When you leave Residence, you will be
primed for success and ready to take on the world, or at least the next phase of your life. Our learning goals and outcomes are as follows:
a. Practical Competency: Learning and refining the necessary skills to live and pursue future goals independently
- Develop and manage self-care and independent living skills
- Demonstrate ability to adopt new practices and to seek resources when needed
- Understand and incorporate multiple perspectives into decision making and critical thinking
- Increase employability by acquiring experiences, knowledge, and applicable skills and abilities
b. Personal Identity & Wellness: Refine personal identity and what it means to act in congruence with one’s beliefs and values while managing a healthy relationship with yourself and others
- Strengthen personal identity by clarifying values, beliefs and opinions on events happening around them
- Practice resiliency by recovering and learning from setbacks and disappointments
- Explore physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness based on personal interest
- Practice healthy and safe habits regarding alcohol and other drugs through the use of campus/local resources
c. Community Engagement & Respect: Discover a sense of belonging to various communities and respectfully contribute as an accountable and caring member
- Engage in opportunities to explore personal values and how they intersect with communities
- Serve the community by identifying ways to make a positive difference and to serve others
- Engage in healthy, respectful and inquisitive conversation with those who share different beliefs, values and culture
- Identify one’s roles, rights and responsibility in the community
- Appropriately challenge injustices and unfair behaviour that threatens the community’s ability to support, enhance, and respect all members
d. Sustainability: Incorporate social and environmental practices and be aware of the impacts of their actions
- Understand the natural systems that make life on earth possible and how we can support and protect them
- Understand how human communities impact our ecosystems
- Promote, encourage and maintain sustainable practices
- Understand how their personal choices affect their carbon footprint and how to reduce it
Housing options within Belleville or surrounding communities can vary by the type of accommodation (private or shared) but also in price range. Students should budget to spend between $400 – $800 CAD per month, plus personal expenses. Students can find their own off-campus accommodations using the following websites:
Loyalist College is in no way responsible or liable for any contact, or contents thereof, made as a result of disclosing or responding to, an email address or any other personal information. The College cannot and does not accept responsibility for housing arrangements made by persons using the site.