In addition to our online training, please find below resources and Information to ensure your success recruiting for Loyalist College.
View the International College Guide
Loyalist College offers international students the ideal combination of academic excellence, extracurricular activities, program work placements and hands-on experience.
Loyalist College is a close-knit community full of unique and talented individuals coming together to build a brighter future. International student are a valued member of our community and we are committed to creating an inclusive postsecondary experience for you. The College’s expert faculty, industry partnerships, employment networks, student success services and innovative applied research projects are designed to empower you to succeed.
Providing a caring, supportive learning environment for each student is our top priority. We will guide you in acquiring the skills you need to launch and grow your career. As a graduate, your experience and networks will help you to pursue fulfilling careers and become leaders in your industry. We are confident that you will receive the quality academic experience for which Loyalist College is known from wherever you study.
Why study at Loyalist College?
- Personal, friendly College, two hours east of Toronto
- Small class sizes
- Residence on campus as well as many off-campus housing options
- International student scholarships
- Programs starting in September, January and May
- University transfer agreements (diploma at Loyalist to degree at a partner university)
- Placement opportunities as well as applied learning opportunities
- Fast-track options – finish your diploma faster!
- Opportunities to work on and off campus
Why Study Outside of the Greater Toronto Area
Loyalist College prides itself on the personal and friendly attention that our students receive. Due to the smaller size of the College, faculty and staff members get to know each and every student, monitor their success and provide supports as needed. Belleville is a friendly, small community that is easy to navigate, either by car, bicycle or public transit. The cost of living is considerably less than that of a bigger city. Students love living and learning in Belleville’s caring, close-knit community where they have plenty of access to green space and waterfront trails. Our semi-rural campus provides an enriching Canadian student experience and is a great place to adapt to a new culture and strengthen English skills.
Agent’s Code of Ethics
As a representative of Loyalist College, all partner recruiting agents will agree to adhere to the following principles:
- Principle 1: Agents and consultants practice responsible business ethics.
- Principle 2: Agents and consultants provide current, accurate, and honest information in an ethical manner.
- Principle 3: Agents and consultants develop transparent business relationships with students and providers using written agreements
- Principle 4: Agents and consultants protect the interest of minors.
- Principle 5: Agents and consultants provide current and up-to-date information that enables international students to make informed choices when selecting which agent or consultant to employ.
- Principle 6: Agents and consultants act professionally.
- Principle 7: Agents and consultants work with destination countries and providers to raise ethical standards and best practice.
- Principle 8: Agents and consultants do not charge fees for any application related services.
Loyalist College Responsibility
- Give the Agent sufficient information and training to enable the Agent to conduct the services
- Communicate changes to policy and procedures, programs available to international students and new and updated promotional materials
- Investigate any complaints received from students regarding an Agents conduct and take appropriate action
- Process applications efficiently and respond in a timely manner
- Duly process all completed applications received but is under no obligation to accept any prospective students referred by the Agent
- Pay the agent fees for each student successfully recruited and still enrolled at Loyalist College according to agreement
To receive commission for the students your agency has recruited, please follow the procedures below:
- Loyalist College International Education Office will email you a list of all students eligible for commission payments for the semester, once we have confirmed student registration status – this can take up to three weeks after day 10.
- Agents will review the list and submit a final invoice on company letter head by the following deadlines (as per the agreement)
- November 1 – Fall intake
- March 1 – winter intake
- July 1 – spring intake
- Deferrals can only be granted if there is a payment on account.
- Deferrals can only be requested on the IAS portal, email request will not be considered
- If a refund is requested, the deferral will be denied.
- Deferrals can only be granted once within a calendar year.
- If an applicant requests a second deferral, they will have to request the application to be closed and reapply
- Deferral will be granted according to availability
- Agents/applicants can only request deferrals for opened programs.
- Refund requests for students outside of Canada are required to be requested directly on the IAS portal.
- Refund requests for students inside of Canada, must be completed in-person on the College campus.
- Email request will not be considered
- Refund deadlines, administration fees and the application can be found on our website
Change of Agent
- An applicant has the right to request an agency change on the IAS portal
- The request must come from the applicant in the form of a signed letter attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once processed the international admission team will keep a record and reissue the LOA on the IAS portal.
- Our team will not process agent change once an application is in pre-registered stage.
Applications are submitted on the IAS portal. Our admissions team will require the following documents to make an admissions decision.
- Valid Passport
- Grade 10 and 12 marksheets or High school transcripts
- Post-secondary diploma/degree and transcripts (if applicable)
- English proficiency.test results if applicable (less than 2 years old at time of application)
- Resume/Employment letter is the applicant graduated over 2 years ago
- Students can apply for up to 3 programs.
- If the applicant is eligible for all 3 programs they will only be issue and offer for their first choice.
- Live availability here.
- The applicant’s name and date of birth MUST be entered exactly as it is shown on their passport.
- The email MUST be a current email used by the applicants. This will be used by the college for communication.
- Agent emails are NOT permitted on Applications
Other important links
- Offer package
- Academic calendar
- How to apply
- Student life
- Career center
- Housing options
- 2022-2023 Viewbook
- Loyalist College offers online self paced training as well as live training for all active agency. If have new staff who require training please contact email@example.com to arrange training ASAP.
- Loyalist College also offers refresher training yearly or on demand. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Update your contact details
Please help us keep our records up to date. Email us if we need to update your address, name, email or add a new contact.